Associate Scientist/Scientist/Senior Scientist, Peptide and Bioconjugation Chemistry
The Associate Scientist/Scientist/Senior Scientist* will be responsible for key aspects of the peptide-nucleic acid conjugate medicinal chemistry for the development of the PepGen pipeline. In this hands-on laboratory position, the successful candidate will drive the discovery and development of novel peptide-nucleic conjugates. This scientist will closely coordinate chemistry activities with biology and non-clinical teams to determine the optimal properties for next-generation nucleic acid therapeutics. Commensurate with the experience of the candidate, opportunities for leadership in supervising PepGen colleagues and outsource partners may be available.
*Title commensurate with education and experience.
- Design, synthesize, purify, and analyze peptides and peptide-nucleic acid conjugates
- Work with outsourced partners to manage peptide and nucleic acid synthesis
- Work with internal team and partners to deliver peptide-nucleic acid conjugates for support of non-clinical and clinical studies
- Maintain clear technical records through Scientific Notebook
- Prepare summary presentations and reports of ongoing discovery activities
- Maintain laboratory equipment including automated synthesizers and HPLC equipment
- BS, MS, or PhD in Chemistry or a closely related field
- Hands-on experience with manual and automated systems for solid-phase synthesis and conjugation of peptides and/or nucleic acids
- Hands-on experience in HPLC purification of peptide and/or nucleic acid conjugates and their instrumental analysis by HPLC, UHPC, and LC-MS
We are a biotechnology company advancing next-generation oligonucleotide therapies for neuromuscular diseases. Our ambition is to unlock the potential of nucleic acid therapeutics by leveraging the drug delivery capabilities of our proprietary Enhanced Delivery Oligonucleotide (EDO) platform. We are applying this technology across a wide range of indications through independent and partnered development pathways and are rapidly growing our team, especially at our U.S. headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. To learn more, please inquire at the link below, check out our website or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.